The Gerber Avalanche toilet is a high-end and luxurious option for your bathroom. It comes in two sizes, elongated or round front, and there are many colors to choose from when you order it. The design of the Gerber Avalanche is sleek with a black exterior that will look great in any bathroom regardless of its color scheme. This product has earned an “A” rating by Good Housekeeping which means it was tested on over 30 different points and scored well enough to be among the best products available today!
In this review, we will cover all aspects of the Gerber Avalanche toilet including specifications, features, benefits, pros & cons, installation instructions, and conclusion.
Features & Benefits
Gerber toilets provide several benefits that make them worth purchasing over anything else available on today’s market. They have elongated bowls that work great if you happen to be taller than average at six feet tall or so. Here are some common features and benefits of this toilet:
- The Gerber Avalanche Toilet is a high-quality, durable toilet that will last for years.
- This toilet features an elongated bowl and seat with soft close hinges to ensure comfort.
- It also has a powerful flush system that can handle any mess you throw at it.
- The Gerber Avalanche Toilet is ADA compliant and comes in two different colors – white or biscuit brown.
- This product includes everything you need to install the toilet, including all the necessary hardware and instructions.
- You’ll be able to enjoy this product for many years thanks to its strong construction materials.
What is the Gerber Avalanche Toilet?
Do you know about the Gerber Avalanche toilet? Well, let me say something about it: it is a high-quality, durable toilet that will last for years. This toilet features an elongated bowl and seat with soft close hinges to ensure comfort. It also has a powerful flush system that can handle any mess you throw at it. The Gerber Avalanche Toilet is ADA compliant and comes in two different colors – white or biscuit brown.
This product includes everything you need to install the toilet, including all the necessary hardware and instructions. You’ll be able to enjoy this product for many years thanks to its strong construction materials.”
How Does Gerber Avalanche Work?
The Gerber Avalanche toilet works with a dual flush system. There are two buttons on the tank, one is for liquid waste and the other is for solids or “solid wastes”. The liquids button will use about three gallons of water to dispose of your urine and any excess water from cleaning your bowel movement. On average, this eliminates around 90% of the volume in the bowl before it starts flushing out a solid matter.”
Specifications of the Gerber Avalanche Toilet
Here is the full specification of the Gerber Avalanche toilet including size, weight, length, and other information:
- Length: 27.25″
- Width: 17.00″
- Height: 30.50″
- Weight Full of Water:– 326 lbs (148 kg)
- Water Usage per Flush for Liquid Waste Button: About three gallons or 12 liters (~33L/flush max) with the “low flush system”.
Note: The water usage will depend on how much urine is left in your bowl before you push this button and what type of solids are being disposed of at that time.
Where to Buy A Gerber Avalanche Toilet?
You can buy this toilet from Amazon.com at the price of $299.00. But if you want, you can also buy it from the Gerber website.
Pros & Cons
There are some positive and negative sides to this toilet. You should know these before you make up your mind on whether or not to buy the toilet.
- The price is reasonable
- There are no water tanks, pipes, and fittings required for the installation of this toilet because it does not need any plumbing connections whatsoever
- It has a low profile height which can allow you to save more space in tight areas such as apartments or mobile homes with limited bathroom spaces
- Some customers say that they feel like their legs are constantly dangling while using it.
Installation Guide for Gerber Avalanche Toilet
The toilet comes with an installation kit that includes a wax seal and gaskets, bolts, and nuts, plus detailed instructions on how to install it in your home. So, if you want to do it yourself, you can. Here is the step by step guide to install Gerber Avalanche toilet:
- You will need to flush the toilet first and wait until it has finished before installing.
- Position your new Gerber Avalanche Elite Toilet accurately with a level on both sides of the bowl, then mark locations using pencil where bolts should be drilled.
- Use a drill bit that is slightly smaller than bolt size in order to create starter holes for drilling.
- Remove wax seal from its packaging by peeling back protective coverings over the top or bottom edge as you pull up, depending on which side needs to be removed; do not peel off thin layer between the wax seal and plastic backing paper because this protects the surface when removing wax seal after installation is complete. Leave these layers intact during installation so they protect against scratches. If necessary use a putty knife to lift the wax seal a little so you can peel back protective coverings.
- Find the center of each hole and drill through with a power drill; insert bolts or screws into holes, using washers if needed then tighten securely.
- Apply silicone caulk along the edge where the floor meets the wall on both sides of the toilet (if applicable).
- Remove excess caulk by wiping it off with your finger.
- For more information about installing Gerber Avalanche toilet please see the installation guide in PDF format included with this product.
Gerber is an industry leader when it comes to residential and commercial plumbing products, so you can rest assured that the Avalanche Toilet will be a quality product. The installation process for this toilet may seem daunting at first, but once you get into it, you’ll find it’s not as complicated or time-consuming as some other toilets on the market. Have any questions about our review? Let us know in the comments below!